We work to ensure a better education for all children
Stand for Children is a non-profit education advocacy organization focused on ensuring all students receive a high quality, relevant education, especially those whose boundless potential is overlooked and under-tapped because of their skin color, zip code, first language, or disability.
We make an impact by:
- Partnering with parents to support their children’s education journey and to become strong advocates.
- Advocating, mainly at the state and local level, for proven policies and funding primarily focused on helping students reach make-or-break milestones:
- Reading well by the end of third grade
- Graduating high school ready for college, career training, or a career
- Ensuring the changes we fight for reach classrooms and directly support students.
Where We Work
Stand for Children is a national non-profit education advocacy organization with eight Stand Affiliates located throughout the nation. Our eight Affiliates are in: Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Oregon, and Washington.
Stand for Children also has operations in Dallas, Texas and Memphis, Tennessee.
MESSAGE FROM JONAH, OUR CEO
“By incorporating the lessons we have learned, Stand is positioned to take bolder leadership and make a greater difference in the lives of students growing up in poverty than at any point in our history. Together, we can achieve a level of impact for African American, Latino, Native American, and other marginalized students whose potential goes under-tapped that few organizations can.”
- Jonah Edelman, CEO/Founder