JUAN JOSE GONZALEZ, CHICAGO Director
"To me, Stand is a great fusion of three facets of social change: people, policy, and politics. To work with working class people, residents of my own city and community, and transform their understanding of educational opportunities and change is incredibly fulfilling and energizing to me. Don’t get me wrong, this is difficult and emotional work, but working in education is the key to revamping our communities and Stand gives me the opportunity to do so in a unique and innovative way." [Read more]
MIRNA CIBRIAN, EAST MULTNOMAH COUNTY ORGANIZER
"As an organizer, I am inspired everyday by our valiant leaders and members who drive our work! Stand gives me the opportunity to help parents be lifelong advocates and that is truly one of the best parts of my job! It is a great feeling to work for an organization where we don’t only make a difference for parents and their children in Oregon, but throughout the nation." [Read more]
Veronica Antich, BOSTON BILINGUAL ORGANIZER
"I love working at Stand for Children for so many reasons: professional growth opportunities, team work environment, challenges, successes, and rewards, just to name a few. I started working at Stand for Children in 2013 and since then I have grown and learned so much about education policy and politics. I work with colleagues who care and help one another. I constantly come across new challenges and successes. Knowing that because of our work, all children in Massachusetts will have a better public education is my biggest reward." [Read more]
- OF STAND FOR CHILDREN: We are focused on results and have a record of success. Stand with us as we work to provide positive outcomes for all children for years to come.
- TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE: Your passion, innovation and diverse experiences will support Stand’s work to improve public education for all children.
- TO GROW: We intentionally promote a culture of constant learning and mentoring, providing all staff with the tools necessary to excel and advance.
- OF MOMENTUM: We’re growing and building strong teams in states across the country. Be a part of our exciting expansion and help us sustain our impact.
- OF REWARDS: Stand’s competitive compensation and generous benefits package recognizes the hard work that goes into gaining long-term victories for our nation’s children.