Why Work Here
We are committed to having a diverse staff and an inclusive work environment. Our staff participate in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion workshops to help initiate and engage in critical conversations to continue our ongoing efforts to make our workspace even more inclusive and inform our work.
According to data as of February 28, 2021 46% of our staff self-identify as People of Color and 22% of our staff is proficient in Spanish. At Stand for Children our mission is to pave the way for equitable education regardless of zip code, skin color, language, or disability– so it’s crucial that our staff be from diverse backgrounds as well.
Covid-19 Response Statement
The COVID-19 pandemic has put stresses on virtually every aspect of our personal and professional lives. In order to respond to the needs of Stand for Children’s employees and help to ensure their safety, Stand for Children has committed to remote work at least through March, 2021.
As we navigate these unprecedented times, Stand is supportive and open to flexibility during work hours as much as possible in order to accommodate the unpredictable demands of caregiving, supporting online learning, or other circumstances. We will continue to revisit our approach and response to the pandemic centered on scientifically based information and best practice as the situation changes. We are committed to supporting our colleagues while also staying focused on our mission.
We believe that employees who are recognized and rewarded for their work will be better equipped to carry out our mission. To that end, Stand strives to ensure work-life balance and a gratifying career experience through a competitive compensation and benefits package within a culture of respect and support. Stand for Children offers:
- Generous paid time off (PTO) 20 days off in your first year with the ability to rollover year to year
- Holiday pay we offer eight paid holidays plus one floating holiday to use whenever you want
- Paid year-end off Stand company values the holiday season so we close our offices from December 25th through New Year’s Day every year so you can enjoy time with your family
- Comprehensive coverage medical, dental, prescription drug coverage and vision benefits
- 401K matching with immediate vesting
- Paid parental leave six weeks leave after one year of service
- Tuition reimbursement for undergraduate degree programs
- Paid sabbatical take a month off to pursue a dream or goal and come back recharged. Eligible after 10 years of service
- Tons of insurance including life, ADD, STD and LTD coverage.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) savings plan for planned health expenses
- Employee Assistance Program access to great resources like legal and financial services, counseling, and more!
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Stand for Children and Stand for Children Leadership Center provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or marital status. We are committed to a diverse and culturally inclusive workplace in which our differences broaden our awareness, enrich our daily experiences and contribute to our collective strength. We predominantly partner with low-income communities of color. Therefore, though race and other legally protected characteristics are never used to make final hiring decisions, we place a particular focus on recruiting staff members who share the backgrounds of the communities we serve.